The focus of activity for HLLEN has changed for 2015.
The Highlands LLEN will continue the project management of the Workplace Learning Coordinator Program and the VET in Schools Cluster in 2015. We will also continue to manage smaller projects such as City Kids and Primary Aspirations. The MATES Mentoring program has been transferred to Big Brothers Big Sisters for 2015 and will operate in a similar manner with a new name, BIG Futures. The Highlands LLEN Career Hub has closed due to cancellation of government funding.
In 2015, whilst the Highlands LLEN Will be operating with less staff and on the ground capacity we will continue to support our schools and partners in a range of initiatives based on our new contract obligations with Department of Education & Training.
2015 goals are:
- Developing school/industry partnerships to expand workplace learning opportunities
- Broadening the applied learning opportunities for students
- Supporting schools/students with careers-related matters and career opportunities in growth industries
- Supporting schools to engage with business and industry stakeholders, and
- Supporting the transition to new arrangements for school/industry engagement in 2016